Sunday, October 21, 2012

     Wow! Lots of stuff has changed and all of it is good stuff! We moved to a new house and a new city. Now we live in Sacramento, California and we live close to all Dad's family. People come over and play with me a lot and they bring me treats! We have been in the new house for two weeks and I love it- it is huge! The house has four bedrooms, but I am not allowed in two of them cause those rooms are Mom & Dad's business offices, even though Mom works in the dining room most of the time so she can pet me while she works. But Mom doesn't want me to poop in those rooms. Speaking of poopin' - I am getting much, MUCH better at poopin' where I am supposed to. Mom was getting real mad at me cause I was poopin' wherever, but I am getting better at that. I come from a celebrated line of poopers! I go outside under a lemon tree now. There wasn't much grass in the back yard, so Mom bought a couple of real sheets of grass and "planted" it under the lemon tree. I have my own space back there for midnight pees. I even have my own private door to the house!!!

     My little portion of the yard is fenced away because there is a big swimming pool in the back yard. The pool is kind of scary but everyone is being super careful not to let me out to theta part of the yard, and Dad is going to buy a pool cover. Mom went swimming with me, and it was scary at first but then is was lots of fun. She is training me how to get to the stairs and get out. I almost have it down! I am a really good swimmer too! I can swim the whole length of the pool and back again! Mom rigged up a bright red floating thing that sticks up high so I can see it by the stairs. Doggies swim with our heads pointed up so I can't see the steps without a colorful thing up high. Of course, I am never, ever let into that part of the yard without a human watching me, but Mom wants to make sure I know how to get out of the pool, just in case. I've been laying out in the sun, getting a tan lately. I've got a nice piglet pink glow right now. I'm losing weight, just tiny little bit at a time. I run faster and I play more. I have about two seizures a month, but I cope with it, and the vet takes care of me.

Bunny Thing is still mean, but she is not as mean as she was in the apartment, because she has more room to run and play. And I have more room to hide.

I love being around people now. I don't like other dogs, but I love humans! I even like being in crowds of people. Mom thinks that is weird. Mom took me to a Renaissance Faire and I had the most awesome time EVER! I was running and chasing and playing with everybody, and people rubbed my ears and gave me turkey meat! It was like EVERYBODY on Earth was giving me rubs and meat and cheese and telling me I was a good Brocco! It was like I was Dog God and it was Dog God's birthday!

Yesterday was Mom's birthday and lots of people were over to celebrate. People gave me chicken. Life is good.




1 comment: