Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My first seizure at my new home

     This morning I had a seizure. I've had lots of seizures before but this was the first one with my new Humie Parents. I was sleeping on the bed with my humies and then that thing happens where I get real dizzy and things go all fuzzy in my eyes. Then my legs shake and twitch and I feel like my body is not connected to the ground. It's hard to explain to someone who hasn't had one before. And it's scary when it happens around people because you never know if they will be scared, or do something not very smart, or maybe think you are a freak and not like you anymore. Sometimes when animals like me have problems that humans don't think are "cute" or expected, they get real upset with the animal, and they don't really want them to be their pet anymore. That's why a lot of animals end up in shelters, like I did. So in a new place, having a seizure makes me scared, because I was worried maybe my new humies would not want me anymore. But that didn't happen at all. My humid mom and dad petted me until the seizure was over, then they put me in the bed between them and hugged me till I fell asleep with them. I snored a lot and they didn't get mad at me. I even farted, and they didn't get mad. They did say they might need to get something called a "gas mask and an oxygen tank" but they weren't mad because they were smiling and petting me. So I went to sleep and I was ok. Mom said that later, if I am feeling better, she will walk me to the park and we can sleep under a tree "like hobos." Whatever that means.

No comments:

Post a Comment