Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sick humies & falling over a lot.

My Mom is horrible sick with something called Norovirus. It's this awful virus that makes you wretch and get dehydrated real bad. Mom had to go to the hospital but she's home now, and on "bed rest." It was so bad she has lost eleven pounds in two days! I am trying to help as much as I can. I lay by mom and am on guard duty, so that if she starts to shake or anything, I bark and let Dad know. Dad said I am doing a great job. Dad is taking real good care of mom too. He pets her a lot and changes her vomit bucket. Mom says that's how you know someone loves you. So, I've been keeping Mom company when she's awake. We watched a movie together and I was real careful not to climb on her tummy cuz it's sore. Mom says that when she gets better, she will take me hiking in the hills. She says there is a creek I can play in and I can chase squirrels if I want to.

Mom & Dad are both kinda worried about me because I am pretty clumsy and that's ok, but I tend to fall over and hit my head on things a lot. Mom thinks that seizures might have caused developmental issues. I don't know what that means, but Mom says that when she gets all better she is going to put padding on some of the things I always bump my head on. I lay by mom's feet at her desk a lot, and there is a wooden bar there and I always bump my head on it, and the other thing is that I fall asleep on the couch and then I roll off of it. Mom put down throw pillows below the couch so that when I fall I don't bust my head. Most of the time I don't even wake up, so it doesn't bother me, but Mom says people with epilepsy should be careful about bumping their heads, so I should too.

Oh, and this morning, I got a paw massage! Mom was horrible sick, but she saw my paws are dry and cracked, so she heated up olive oil and rubbed my paws for a while while we watched Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. Then I fell asleep on Mom's feet.


No comments:

Post a Comment