Monday, March 5, 2012

    Since I have been on a farm with a doggie door for almost 2 years, I am not used to living in a place where I have to rely on humies to take me outside to go potty. So, my humie parents are training me and themselves to do regular potty breaks outside on a schedule so I don't pee on the floor. It's kind of hard but I am catching on! It's also hard not to wake Mom & Dad up every few minutes at night when I want to play but they want to sleep. We're working on that too. I sleep in bed with the humies sometimes but I like to bark a lot at night when humies need sleep. I want to go out and play so bad that I don't want to wait till 7 when humies get up to take me outside. So I bark a lot. So, the humies are working on a gentle method of clicker training and crate training where I have a crate, but the door is always open so I can go in and out whenever I want. This way I have my own doggie den where I feel safe and it's all mine, so I don't worry about other dogs or Bunny Thing getting into it. I have a really soft bed in it, and a piece of my favorite blue blanket, and my favorite new toy- a Kong! A Kong is this weird little thing that looks kinda like a plunger and it is hollow so my humies can fill it with treats for me to try to get out of the Kong. It's kind of hard to get treats out, but it makes me work my teeth and keeps me occupied and having fun. My humie mom fills it with low fat peanut butter and puts my favorite treat in the middle- Turkey Oatmeal Cranberry doggie biscuit in the center- then she freezes it! I play with it and squeeeeeeze it and toss it and I get some peanut butter but then, finally, I get that doggie biscuit and I am so happy I run in circles with my tail wagging. It's bliss!

My Humie Mom has been teaching me to play some game called "Tug Rope" which is where a humie holds one end of a rope and I am supposed to hold the other end in my mouth. Not sure what to do after that, but I have the hold the rope part down. She says, "Ok, brocco, now tug!" but I dunno what that means. She pets me and tells me I tried real hard anyway. I'll figure it out. We practice Humie & Dog games for 20 minutes every day, cuz doggie experts say we doggies don't have a long attention span. I like our Humie & Dog games, even if I don't know how to play them. My Humie Mom says it is nice that I do not like biting things at all, because I do not bite furniture or people or even Bunny Thing even though some doggies would totally eat Bunny Thing! How awful! I would not eat Bunny Thing- she's my friend!



Speaking of Bunny Thing, we are really starting to get along a lot better. She isn't afraid of me at all anymore and she comes up to me to chat and say hello. Sometimes we chase each other. Mostly she chases me and I let her catch me. Also, I am meeting lots of dogs in the building and making new acquaintances. Now I know Lily, and Auggie and Sophie and Jax. Jax is annoying but sometimes he is fun to play with. 
My paws are doing better. My nails are growing out. Mom doesn't let me go on the cement much yet. She wants to let the nails grow out more before I run on cement, but we run like crazy on the grass. There is a small hill that Mom & Dad have me run up so that I get good exercise. I've been running up that hill lots and guess what...? I have lost two pounds! My belly is not so round anymore and because I am steadily losing weight, I get more treats! And Bunny Thing taught me to eat apple slices, which don't look very good but they are actually pretty tasty. 

Me & Bunny Thing, plotting to take over
the world... or at least the living room.


This is my little hill. A few runs up that and I want a nap! 
It doesn't look like much to a humie but I'm little!


This is my new doggie den. The door stays open, but it is 
my personal space. That orange thing is my Kong filled 
with frozen peanutbutter!








1 comment:

  1. I love being able to see Brocco and watch him enjoying his new wonderful life!
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete